Wednesday, February 20, 2013

Pushkar!

Our last night in Bikaner was very memorable! The guest house owner Mohiraj Sing invited us to his cousins castle/hotel for dinner. This place was amazing. Anand Sing's Great Grandfather was the Maharaja of Rajastan. (similar to the King). Mohiraj is about 42 and Anand is about 37. I think these young bucks wanted us to stay up and party all night. A true treat and appreciated very much by Mike and I. Google Bhairion Vilas or the Mr. Sing of Rajaston to find out more.

We road out of Bikaner early yesterday am. The road was actually very nice. A few rough roads in the crowded towns etc. We stopped at the rat sanctuary just outside of Bikaner which was interesting. I have no idea why the worship rats. I will look that up later.

On our ride to Pushkar, we stopped once for lunch and another time just to get gas and rest. Every time we stop, people gather and genuinely are interested. I asked for a funnel to add oil at a gas station and the guy insisted he does it for me... Tea is also offered as a gesture of friendship in most cases.

We arrived in Pushkar and met a guy named Robby. He had a guest house and we followed him there. $5.40 a night. We took the deal. Nicest room so far and close to the action. We into the lakeside area for dinner. The "Laughing Budda" was a place that was recommended. Food was great. Actually they were expecting us and knew of us before we arrived. Our friends in each town along the way are all connected. We think they are calling ahead to help amplify our experience. We are treated so well.

We will spend another day here in Pushkar and then head to Ajmer and then Joddipur. sp?

Please comment on our post so we know what you enjoy!

3 comments:

  1. I have to say Jeff I am very impressed! What a great experience you guys are having. I can only imagine the stories you are sharing with the locals : ) Have a safe rest of your trip and I can't wait to meet up for drinks and hear more about your adventures.

    -Tanya

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Jeff, Mike, I'm enjoying it all and never really thought I'd come close to saying that watching Jeff 'against' a wall.

      Carry on travelers!

      Delete
  2. All very cool w/pics, etc. Glad to hear are having fun. Thanks for taking the time to share while on the trip! Craig

    ReplyDelete